cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SG500-52P SFP to RJ45 modules at 5G

softbox
Level 1
Level 1

I have an SG500-28P switch in my office that is currently connected to an SG500-52P switch in a server closet 15ft away, using two SFP gigabit modules. I would like to upgrade this connection to make full use of the 5G SFP ports. The switches are currently configured in standalone mode, but I could consider stacking them in the future.

I haven't had much luck finding a compatible SFP to RJ45 module that works in the SG500 switches. I'd like to stick with ethernet if possible, due to crawl space/accessibility limitations, but am not opposed to running fiber as a last resort (or if it is considerably less expensive).

I've tried a 10G module from Ipolex that claims it will work at 10G/5G/2.5G/1G speeds, but that didn't work (the switch recognized the module, but no link was established).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/small-business-500-series-stackable-managed-switches/c78-695646_data_sheet.html

Start looking in this document from : Supported SFP/SFP+ Modules followed by Stack Connection Options.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '