cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Signals are not displayed properly if there is an obstruction in CPI

Do Tien Dung
Level 1
Level 1

If I place an obstacle in front of the Access Point, will the Signal Map show exactly what happens?
In CMX I can only upload the building cross section, the Access Point moves into its right place, but I think the wave signal does not show properly if there is an obstacle.

DoTienDung_0-1687342684766.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, there are some. Ekahau is one the most used.  I did thounsands of site survey in the past using Ekahau and AirMagnet.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi

This signal propagation is theorical. You can not rely on it. You need to rely on site survey only.

Have you used it, Is there any software to use to accurately measure the wave signal?

Yes, there are some. Ekahau is one the most used.  I did thounsands of site survey in the past using Ekahau and AirMagnet.

Thanks for the suggestion, 2 simulation software is correct if the device is not faulty and stable in use, good performance, My company uses Cisco AIR-1852I-S-K9, and it crashes often dead POE source, I think the performance will not be good. Devices use Controller to manage.

CMX connects to Controller so it will show real time

Any information captured with AP is the AP perspective and is not much relevent

You need the clients perspective and that only with a software. You actually need only one AP to perform the site survey if you move it around.