Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMPv3 traffic not generating for ISR4331 sub-interface

dalechambers
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am wondering if someone might guide me in the right direction to an issue I have found. I have multiple ISR4331 routers which has been configured for SNMPv3 for a long time. Most are on version 16.12.05, and I have a couple that have been upgraded from 16.12.5 to 17.03.03 and I have found that the SNMP traffic for the sub-interfaces are not producing traffic data. It is only displaying unicast and non-unicast packet information.

I have tried searching documentation but I am not seeing anything to show that anything has changed. Has anyone else come across this or have an idea what I can do to resolve it?

As far as snmp configuration goes, the following is applied:

snmp-server group AUTHGROUP v3 auth access SNMP-V4
snmp-server view MNGT iso included
snmp-server trap-source GigabitEthernet0/0/0.1
snmp-server enable traps snmp authentication linkdown linkup coldstart warmstart
snmp-server enable traps syslog

Any help with this is most appreciated. Thank you

3 Replies 3

h.perrett
Level 1
Level 1

I have also discovered a similar issue, I would say it is not related to SNMPv3 as I am using SNMPv2.

My NMS is only displaying traffic on the physical interface and not the sub-interface on a number of devices that were updated to 17.3.3, for ISR4331 routers running 16.12.4 we see the traffic displayed on the NMS for both physical and sub-interface.

I see the same across all 10 routers that are running 17.3.3 and in terms of timeline the NMS stopped showing traffic on the sub-interface after upgrade.

h.perrett
Level 1
Level 1

Whilst this Bug ID does not specifically mention ISR4331 it does look to fit the issue seen.

Bug Search Tool (cisco.com)

CSCvy25845

dalechambers
Level 1
Level 1

I would agree with h.perrett. In the end I had upgraded my 4300's to 17.3.4a and that had resolved the issues with SNMP sub-interfaces.