Views
Helpful
Replies

STP Topology Change message to Syslog

milan.kulik
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

does anybody know how to force a Cat4000 running CatOS 7.2.1 to send a STP Topology Change message to Syslog?

I'm receiving STP Topology Change SNMP traps but I'd also like to have them logged in my syslog file.

I've configured:

set logging level spantree 6 default

set logging server severity 6

and I'm receiving "%SPANTREE-6-PORTBLK: Port 3/22 state in VLAN 1 changed to blocking" messages to my syslog but nothing about STP Topology change.

What else should I configure?

Regards,

Milan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Milan,

I am not quite sure of the "topology change' message that you are talking about. I have this entire list of Spantree syslog messages and I didn't find anything that is directly related to the Spantree topology change.

Here is the list of all the "spantree" syslog messages that one could get:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/sw_6_3/msg__gd/emsg.htm#xtocid111

Or..have I misunderstood your question?

HTH!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

beth-martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Milan,

I am not quite sure of the "topology change' message that you are talking about. I have this entire list of Spantree syslog messages and I didn't find anything that is directly related to the Spantree topology change.

Here is the list of all the "spantree" syslog messages that one could get:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/sw_6_3/msg__gd/emsg.htm#xtocid111

Or..have I misunderstood your question?

HTH!

Hello Beth,

thank you for your help.

What I was looking for was SNMP-5-TOPOTRAP: Topology Change Trap for VLAN [[dec]]

and SNMP-5-NEWROOTTRAP: New Root Trap for VLAN [[dec]].

The confusing thing is that they are a part of SNMP syslog messages and I would expect them to be a part of Spantree messages.

Tkanks once more.

Regards,

Milan