cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

T-1 connected using1720 routers

apf3885
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to set up a T1 between two 1720 routers. Unfortunatly, the WIC interface is unable to come up. The lights on the card that are lit are carrier detection (green) and Alarm (yellow). Is this a problem with my circuit or am I doing something wrong? When I connect the two routers via a T-1 rollover cable everything works.

5 Replies 5

cm7894
Level 1
Level 1

If there is an alarm light on the WIC, check with the local Telco to ensure that there is no maintenance loop; you will need to provide the circuit ID from the Demarc; sometimes depending on how you get through, they will test right then or open a ticket. Check that they have the same amount of channels, linecode, framing, etc. They will let you know of there is an error with the line. Also, double check configs at both ends.

Ok, I guess it is time for yhe telco phone wars to begin. :)

g.cook
Level 1
Level 1

Sounds like you may have on of the routers set to internal clocking, your carrier may be providing the clock. If so change the clock source to line.

on Int s0

service-module t1 clock source line

If that is not the case, check with your carrier to verify they don't have a loop up in the circuit. If this is a new circuit make sure they have configured the circuit correctly. Then have them attempt to loop back to the smartjacks and routers.

Yes

One end has to be primary (clock source internal)

secondary (clock source line)

Make sure you have right circuit line code(b8zs)framing ESF. Sometime the carriers accidently put in supertrunk (voice)

Good Luck

apf3885
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks everybody for the help! The problem ended up being poor wiring by the telco company. One of the pairs was punched down to the wrong spot on the punch down block.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card