Views
Helpful
Replies

Using MLS with Cat5000 and 7200 series router

gsniadala
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Does anybody have some experience with using MLS in network environment where Cat5000 with Sup III is being used along with 7200 router? Are there any watchouts in this configuration, because I've heard that there might be issues with 7200 - that it might be not the very best choice for it. I plan to segment existing flat network into few VLAN's - plans are not defined yet and I need to know whether provided configuration will be capable to deliver Layer 3 switching without problems.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Greg

2 Replies 2

bsivasub
Level 4
Level 4

Check out these requirements

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat5000/rel_5_2/layer3/mls.htm#xtocid642913

If you have them, you should be fine. Can't think of any caveats.

Thanks for the reply, but I've read it already. From requirements point of view - all of them will be met. I was thinking rather about some experience of yours - are there any possible ceveats, bugs, undocumented features:) stuff like this.

I'm thinking right now about migrating from Sup I to Sup III and replacement of 36xx series router with 7200 and I need to know if there are any issues with MLS cooperation between those two devices.

Regards

Greg