cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wap321 dhcp issues

JoseOlivas
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client I installed a WAP321.  As long as the SSID is broadcasting it works without issue.  The client would like to shut off the SSID broadcasting, so when I disable broadcasting I am no longer able to connect to the network.  I upgraded to the latest firmware and this happened.  I am not sure if that was happening before the firmware upgrade.

3 Replies 3

jordanburnett
Level 4
Level 4

If you disable SSID broadcast, you will have to manually add the network on your WLAN clients. Did you perform this step?

When you disable the SSID broadcast the AP no longer sends beacon frames with the SSID (which clients see when using passive scanning) or responds to null probe requests with the SSID details. 

Here is a good article that explains it:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/24886/significance-beacon-frames-and-how-configure-beacon-interval-access-points

I am aware of the manual configuration.  I put a consumer AP and configured it as I need the WAP321 to perform and was able to get that to work.  The issue is the WAP321.  Someone on the
Spiceworks forum said they had the same issue and had to roll the firmware back.  I will be trying that.

Rolled the firmware back and it 1.0.2.3 and it started working as it should.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card