Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
kefah
Beginner

Bandwidth limitation on ADSL

Pretty similiar question for Bandwidth limitation, I have one ADSL customer having 256kup and 128k down and I want him temporarily use 32k up and 32k down, I tried to research on many forums but could not get the right answer I can display the serial interface where this customer configured for ADSL, I tried using Traffic-shapping as well as CAR didn't work, where and how this would fix... any modification for below conf will be appereiciated!!! here it goes...

interface Serial2/2.4 point-to-point

description Mr ABC ADSL

bandwidth 32

ip access-group 114 in

ip access-group 114 out

no ip directed-broadcast

rate-limit input access-group 114 32000 16000 8000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop

rate-limit output access-group 114 32000 16000 8000 conform-action transmit exceed-action drop

rate-limit output 32000 16000 8000 conform-action set-prec-transmit 5 exceed-action drop

no cdp enable

frame-relay interface-dlci 956 IETF

bridge-group 1

2 REPLIES 2
ynverma
Beginner

I guess packets are being dropped immediately. Since burst values are not selected appropriately. I want you to try below advice for setting up burst values.

covert the bandwidth into bytes by dividing it with 8 and then multiply the result with 1.5 to set the normal burst and for extended simply multiply the normal burst with 2.

Hope this will solve your prob..

Basically it is not taking effect at all... same flow