Views
Helpful
Replies

Datacenter build - Network design needs checking

paul.monaghan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

If anyone can find the time to check the network layout attached with this would be much appreciated. This design is regarding a new redundant DC being built (hypathectically only) but i need to know if i've connected this in the right way/ if its possible with the equipment listed.

Here is the equipment being used

Core/Aggregation Switches: WS-C6506-E x2

Access switches:  WS-C4948-10GE-S x3

Terminal server: CISCO2811-16TS x1

WAN FireWalls: ASA5540-BUN-K9 x2

Appreciate any and all feedback and aplologies for my lack of knowledge here

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

i think yo need to use in the DC collapsed core/aggregation model and put in VSS mode i mean the 65K

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9336/index.html

multie home each of the access switches and the firewalls to the VSS pair using dot1q etherchannel channge usingmultichassis ether channel MEC

configure failover between the firewalls and configure HSRP between the WAN routers for active/standby WAN access

see bellow:

hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

i think yo need to use in the DC collapsed core/aggregation model and put in VSS mode i mean the 65K

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9336/index.html

multie home each of the access switches and the firewalls to the VSS pair using dot1q etherchannel channge usingmultichassis ether channel MEC

configure failover between the firewalls and configure HSRP between the WAN routers for active/standby WAN access

see bellow:

hope this helps

Thanks a lot marwanshawi, this has really helped. Appreciate your time to look at this

happy to help and thanks for rating

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: