Views
Helpful
Replies

how to send an output of cisco command into a text file on a windows server

Mbounda
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

I am facing a problem about the output of the show tech command. Indeed, when I try to display it on the screen, it's too long so impossible to handle it.

Then, I decided to send the output into a file on a windows server like this : R1# sh tech | redirect ftp://Username:Password@10.99.98.103/C:/Users/Chris/Documents/sh-tech.

But I got an error message : %Error opening ftp://Username:Password@10.99.98.103/C:/Users/Chris/Documents/sh-tech (Time Out).

Does someone know what can I modify to get the operation done ?

Thanks in advance !

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

If you are using putty on the windows server, in the configuration settings, find Session -> Logging . Select the 'All session output' option, click 'browse' and select a location and output file name, then click Open/ save.

All terminal output will now be saved to the text file.

If you have not done so already, enter the following command on the CLI before you start gathering the output:

terminal length 0

cheers,

Seb.

View solution in original post

In addition to what Seb has suggested, you may want to set term length to zero for something like showing the "tech" output".

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

If you are using putty on the windows server, in the configuration settings, find Session -> Logging . Select the 'All session output' option, click 'browse' and select a location and output file name, then click Open/ save.

All terminal output will now be saved to the text file.

If you have not done so already, enter the following command on the CLI before you start gathering the output:

terminal length 0

cheers,

Seb.

In addition to what Seb has suggested, you may want to set term length to zero for something like showing the "tech" output".

Dear,

Thank you ! I didn't think about the way to get these data in using the PUTTY settings. I used it and I got what I was looking for even though I don't know exactly why my command didn't succed.