cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need quick script

trish.pelarenos
Level 1
Level 1

Our phone guy is going to be replacing all the digital phones in our building with IP phones. On occaision, we may need to change the configuration on a port (voice vlan and trunk ports allowed). Is their a script I can write that will allow hime to put in the three variable (IP of switch, port, and required vlan) and the script will connect to that switch and place the new config on the port? It would have to login with my TACACS credentials. Any suggestions?

4 Replies 4

Collin Clark
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Thank you for the quick reply. Smart ports look very cool. I like the idea and may find this useful for other purposes but if I am reading this right, it won't work for what I need. It looks like he would need to log into the switch to apply the macro. He is a phone guy and does not want to actually touch the switch. So I was looking for like a perl script of something that I could configure with my TACACS credentials. Also I won't know what port he needs reconfigured until he needs it, so I need him to be able to add the port number as a variable without him actually having to do any programming. he would be will to run it as part of a command (i.e run command.exe 10.10.10.22 g1/0/22 222, where 10.10.10.22 is switch IP, g1/0/22 is port, and 222 is the new vlan) or if I can do somekind of prompt that would be great!

You could do it with VBScript and SecureCRT pretty easily. Obviously you would need SecureCRT, but you get a 30 day free trial if you don't already own it.

http://www.vandyke.com/support/securecrt/scripting_examples.html

Thanks, this looks more like what I am looking for. I'll start with the free download which will cover me for this project, but I am sure I can justify the cost of a license. I will read more tonight and see if I can get a script together.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco