cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2821 Intergrated Service Router

MikeC5000
Level 1
Level 1

I am setting up a VPN on a 2821 ISR router authenticating through a Windows 2000 backup domain controller with IAS. I used the Security Device Manager V2.0a to create the VPN. After creating it, I attempted to test the VPN and I received a message saying the router needs a certificate or to be enrolled with a CA server to make a connection to the backup domain controller. This is my first time using the SDM and I am having a hard time finding information. any information/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2 Replies 2

patrick.preuss
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i am not shure what you whant to do?

Will connect via the w2k to the internet or will you connect to the w2k Server?

regards

Patrick

Patrick,

I am trying to create a VPN connection to my domain with a 2821 ISR. I created the VPN through the Security Device Manager v2.0a. After it was created, there is an option to test it. I tested it and I received a message stating that " the router needs a certificate or be enrolled with a CA server to make a connection to the backup domain controller running IAS. My goal is to enable remote users to login to the corporate network once they are connected to the internet. I have Microsoft IAS installed already. I'm also installing a CA as well to authenticate the router. This is my first time setting up a VPN with the SDM. Any advice would be apprecated. Thanks

Mike