cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5585 - which part is the right rack kit?

southwest13
Level 1
Level 1

Sadly dissappointed in the documentation...  

I would think that one of these parts would be the rack kit used when eliminating the slide rails to fit the 5585 in a narrow rack as described in the hardware installation guide ( http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/hw/maintenance/5585guide/5585Xhw/procedures.html#79288

Rack-Mounting the Chassis Using the Fixed Rack Mount

If you are not able to use the slide rail kit in your rack installation, an optional fixed rack mount solution is available. You can install fixed front and rear rack mount brackets on the ASA 5585-X so that you can easily mount it in a rack.

OK, that is what I want, but what part is it? Is it one of the three below? Is it somethign else?

ASA5585-RAILS=
ASA 5585 Rail kit

ASA5585-REAR-RACK=
ASA 5585-X Rear Rack Mounts (1 pair)

ASA5585-RACK-KIT=
ASA 5585-X Front Rack and Rear Rack Kit

it used to be you could search for a datasheet, but those are not bloated with a bunch of marketing fluff that is not remotely close to being datasheets.

1 Reply 1

Jessica Hines
Level 1
Level 1

In case it helps, I ran into this same scenario of trying to figure out which rack/rail kit to purchase.  Here is what I was told by Cisco:

ASA5585-RAILS=, ASA 5585 Rail kit --- this is what is shipped with the ASA by default if purchased after May 2012.

ASA5585-REAR-RACK=, ASA 5585-X Rear Rack Mounts (1 pair) --- Prior to May 2012 the ASA 5585 shipped with both the above rail kit as well as Front rack ears.  They found that rear rack ears were also necessary and offered this SKU to purchase.

ASA5585-RACK-KIT=, ASA 5585-X Front Rack and Rear Rack Kit --- this includes both the front and rear rack ears necessary to mount the ASA in a 19-inch 2- or 4- post rack.

Hope that helps!