cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

6.2(2) not passing large udp packets

dharris
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer running the EAL4 version 6.2(2) so we cant update to later versions to fix the udp packet size

Does anyone know if you can enable large UDP packet sizes on 6.2(2)?

5 Replies 5

scoclayton
Level 7
Level 7

Are you referring to large DNS packets (EDNSO)? Or UDP packets larger than 1500 bytes? I don't understand what you mean when you say the PIX is not passing large UDP packets. Can you be more specific?

Scott

Yep sorry

I'm referring to EDNSO. I've since found out from cisco that 6.2(2) will not pass UDP DNS packets greater than 512.

Upgrade time.

OK, gotcha. EDNS0 support was not added until the 6.3(2) (I believe) code. As a side note, we have already started working on EAL4 certification for the upcoming 7.0 code release. I do not believe there are any plans to pursue this certification on the 6.3 code.

Scott

Ah thats such a shame you guys didnt get 6.3(x) evaluated.

I heard somewhere that the PIX family and its IOS is being end of life'd to make way for your new next gen hardware. Any comments?

thanks for your replies.

I cannot really comment on future plans of the PIX in a public forum. Questions relating to EOL plans should be targeted to your local Cisco account team. However, I will point out that he PIX 7.0 release will be, by far, the largest release of new features in the PIX code to date. To me, this shows the commitment of Cisco to the PIX product line moving forward.

Scott