cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7.0 Questions Multiple Configs, NAT, ASDM

dopenfield
Level 1
Level 1

I've been experimenting with 7.0 on an offline 525 and have come up with a few questions.

Storage of Multiple Configurations in Flash -- Unclear how to do this? Don't see new options under Copy command in CLI. In ASDM it appears there can be multiple OS images available to browse and point to but I don't see how to do multiple Configurations??

NAT or NO NAT between interfaces of the same Security Level. Have different registered IP ranges on two interfaces set to not do NAT to traffic Outbound. Should we need to set no NAT for traffic going from one 'inside' to another 'inside' interface?

I was hoping the "Reset PIX to Factory Default Configuration" would go away in the new version of the GUI. What is the perceived advantage of having this option on a pull down menu on the GUI?? How often would someone use this?? Seems like it would be very easy to accidently click on this option.

I do like that ASDM doesn't have to be run as a Java Applet anymore.

1 Reply 1

kbeltz
Level 1
Level 1

Are you talking about Multple Context Mode, if yes refer this document for more details,

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_sw/v_70/config/contexts.htm