cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding 4235 Senor to VMS 2.2 returns 4.1(1)S47 not know to the system.

pgreene
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to add a new sensor to a new install of VMS 2.2 and IDSMC. I have applied the latest patch of IDSMC, idsmdc1.2.0-win-CSCec426658 and installed th latest signature file into the IDSMC. I am telling the IDSMC to "Discover Settings". It bombs out and says"This sensor is version 4.1(1)S47 which is not known to the system. Install a Signature update to the system and retry". If I tell it not to "Discover Setting" the S47 version is not available.

What are my options? Can I download S58 for my sensor?

Thx,

Patrick

2 Replies 2

pgreene
Level 1
Level 1

Nevermind, I had to RTFM. There is a "minor update" an the caveat is

CAVEATS

If the Cisco Secure Agent MC is installed on the VMS server, you cannot use

IDS MC to install IDS version 4.1(1)S47. Instead, you must install the IDS

minor update manually (See the sensor minor update instructions).

After you manually install IDS 4.1(1)S47 on the sensor(s), you can use

IDS MC to install future signature and sensor updates,

even if Cisco Secure Agent MC is installed.

Thx,

Patrick

darrenb15
Level 1
Level 1

I've had this same problem since the first customer ship version. TAC will beat around the bush, but will eventualy tell you that this feature doesn't work well.

I've just upgraded my sensors to 4.1 and IDSMC to 1.2. When doing this, I had to delete all my old post office sensors replace them with RDEP. For each one I had to unpack the RPM.PKG for the minor update 4.1(1)S47 and the 4.1(1)S58. You are already at S47, so don't bother with it.

To get it to the sensor I placed the RPM.PKG on a web site on my laptop (read only) and downloaded it using the Administration/Update page in IDM on the sensor. You have to put in the entire URL including the file name, for example "http://myWebServer/IDS-sig-4.1-1-S58.rpm.pkg"

Good luck