Views
Helpful
Replies

Anyconnect client under Mac OS X

Olivier Jessel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got a short trouble running anyconnect client 2.3.254 under Mac OS X 10.5.6.

If I use it to connect an ASA 8.0.4 through a proxy (squid) it doesn't work.

If I use Win XP, with same proxy, it works.

If I don't use any proxy, with my Mac OS X client (on another WAN access) it works too.

So, is anyconnect client supported over proxy server on MAC OS X ???? or did I miss something ?

Thanks for help ;-)

Regards,

Olivier

CCIE #44658
9 Replies 9

Not applicable

I think you can connect anyconnet client with MAC OS.

The AnyConnect client image for MAC OSX is a DMG disk image installation package. To install the AnyConnect client on a System Running MAC OSX, follow these steps:

Step 1 Transfer the installation package file to the desktop and double-click the file. A window opens showing an icon representing the installation package file.

Step 2 Double-click the icon to initiate the installation. A dialog window appears asking you to select the device on which to install the client.

Step 3 Select a device and click Next. A dialog to accept the licensing agreement (EULA) appears.

Step 4 Accept the license agreement and click Next.

The installation is complete.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but my problem is not how to install the anyconnect under Mac OS.

Anyway, I've used tcpdump to see exactly what's happening when I'm connected. Here is the result :

- Mac OS X + anyconnect doesn't support proxy.

- ALL DNS requests are sent through the tunnel (so it doesn't support dns-split)

Under Windows XP, dns requests are also sent at first through the tunnel, even if you configured dns-domain values, but after no reply, or unknown domain reply, a second dns request is sent to the LAN to your default DNS server, so it looks like it works fine (but it's not really a nice config...)

Conclusion... : Please M. Cisco, fix this... :)) for all Mac OS X users lost in the world of IT ^^

CCIE #44658

yet another COPY-PASTE with no time dedicated to actually *reading* the initial question.

shaun.oliver
Level 1
Level 1

Any updates on this issue?

AnyConnect v3 on Mac OSX still doesn't appear to support a web proxy - there's no manual setting & it's not picking up the System proxy settings.

AC v2 and v3 on Windows use the IE Proxy settings, but no such luck on OSX.

Access via a web proxy is the reason we purchased AnyConnect Essentials, yet it won't work on a Mac!

I am having the exact same issue. When the Mac isnt sitting behind the proxy it works fine, but when its behind a proxy, the client doesnt seem to pickup the proxy setting from either the browser or the system config and you cannot connect.

Is there a .plist file or something that can me manually edited to force the AC client to hit the proxy server?

Thanks.

Dear all

Does anyone have a solution to this yet. I have exactly the same problem, finally excited to have an SSL client to connect to my University which in theory should overcome our firewall restrictions where I work, but now cannot use it on OSX as it will not use the system proxy server settings. It does however work on windows.

Thanks for any help anyone could provide.

Thanks

Please refer to bug CSCsg77160While the automatic detection of proxies may not be added any time soon, the manual addition of proxies for non windows clients should be, please refer to  CSCsh73916

Thanks Atri for the update.  I cannot access bug CSCsh73916.  Could you post on this forum when this is released?

Andrew, I have fixed that problem. You should be able to view the details in a couple of days latest. As a TAC engineer I am unable to comment on the timeline for  a fix fo this bug. I will try to find the right resource for you if possible, but the best person to contact would be your cisco account manager if you have one. They may be able to get in touch with the product manager and get a possible timeline for you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: