cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

API for Cisco Security Advisories that can be used in scripts

romanroma
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a text based format of the Cisco Security Advisories or an API that I can use in Python scripts? I get the email; however, I am not very familiar with the service other then the scheduled email I receive.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
4 Replies 4

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@Seb Rupik 

Thank you for the link and your time.

This is spot on what I am facing, a client wanted an audit as you pointed out in your post. In addition, I have been working 'netmiko' library for python3. I have been using the library to pull CAM tables, and do a rough backup; however, I need to expand my arsenal of python3 scripts.

Programming and script is very new to me, but I have a few questions. The REST/GET API that you pull, is this specific to the IOS that is detailed in the control list? The formation that is pulled the save CVE that is generated by email if one signed up for them?

Hi there,

Yes, the input CSV is used for the REST call, in particular just the IOS version. The platform value is used within the script to help group and then aggregate the advisories.

Not quite sure about your second question....but the data referenced by the PSIRT API is the same dataset that is used in the CVE emails cisco sends out and also publishes on the vulnerabilities website.

(Please mark this question as answered if you believe it has)

cheers,

Seb.

Seb Rupik, thanks for information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: