cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Firewall backup

mze
Level 1
Level 1

We use Solarwinds as our monitoring system and am trying to setup SolarWinds SCP server to backup configs for several ASA firewalls. However, backup is unsuccessful, and I get “permission denied” error on the ASA.

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

post the error and syntax used - while you transferring the File from ASA to SCP server

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

hello, 

below is the output for refrence  . 

Copy running-config scp://administrator@10.10.10.1

I am prompted for a password and I can see on wireshark the ssh negotiation taking place. But I get the following error message on the Firewall.

%Error opening scp://administrator@10.50.13.12/running-config (Permission denied)

%Error opening scp://administrator@10.50.13.12/running-config (Permission denied)

This is most cases you do not enough rights create that file.

on the folder create a dummy running-config file  (give permission to read write and test it)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Octavian Szolga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

There may be two issues:

1. key exchange not matching client<-> server

Example (on linux server):

- Aug 31 16:22:11 shell systemd-logind[602]: New session 397 of user user.
Aug 31 16:22:39 shell sshd[10871]: Unable to negotiate with xxx port 53365: no matching key exchange method found. Their offer: diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 [preauth]
Aug 31 16:22:51 shell sshd[10873]: Unable to negotiate with xxx port 59340: no matching key exchange method found. Their offer: diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 [preauth]

2. you don't have the user's password in your ASA copy command:

copy running-config scp://user:password@10.10.10.10

BR,

Octavian

mze
Level 1
Level 1

ssh error

Hi,

Have you taken into consideration the possible issues that I wrote about?

SCP from ASA works just fine. I wrote that post after I tested SCP from ASA to Linux OpenSSH.

BR,

Octavian