cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) running Windows 10, DRIVER CORRUPTED EXPOOL error

lanes559
Level 1
Level 1

I have been having trouble with the Blue Screen of Death error (DRIVER CORRUPTED EXPOOL) since the first day I started with Amazon. I have contacted the IT support at Amazon on several occasions,? and no one has been able to help me. I even reached out to Microsoft, my Internet Service Provider, and other technicians for help.

I have completed the following steps to troubleshoot the above Error without resolve:

Ran Windows System File Checker
Cleared Temporary Files and reset Web browser settings
Ran Windows Update to install updates and latest drivers
Removed graphics driver and reinstalled
Disabled IPv6 on my network adapter
Set my computer power-saving mode to "always on"
Created separate Windows user accounts; one for personal use and one specific to Amazon
Updated network interface card (NIC) driver
Performed a Windows system factory reset
Reinstalled Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client with and without RAMP agent
Switched to a different workstation and ran above steps
Consulted tech support at my own expense

Below are event log details copied from the Windows 10 machine I use to access the VCC network. My problems did not occur until I began using Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client and when they do occur it is only while connected to the Amazon VPN. For this reason, it has been difficult for me to receive actual help to find a solution. The only response I seem to get is that the problem is with my own systems (I've reproduced the issue across three machines), despite it occurring with software assigned and provided by Amazon. Furthermore, I'm aware that this issue has been reported by other VCC associates and to my knowledge an "official fix" is yet to be found.

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 10/15/2016 10:15:07 PM
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)
User: SYSTEM
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
Date: 10/15/2016 10:15:37 PM
Event ID: 1001
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8014d9cb157, 0xffffd00025e34198, 0xffffd00025e339b0). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 36c0311e-ecc8-42be-ada6-9d1e3dc9ed5b.

Source: EventLog
Date: 10/15/2016 10:15:36 PM
Event ID: 6008c
Task Category: None
Description:
The previous system shutdown at 9:56:23 PM on ?10/?15/?2016 was unexpected.

Log Name: Application
Source: cscan (Cisco Scanner)
Date: 9/22/2016 09:44:28 PM
Event ID: 259
Task Category: (1)
Level: Information
Description:
The description for Event ID 259 from source cscan cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

[cscan][all][halt] goodbye (0)

Source: ciscod (Cisco AnyConnect Posture Module)
Date: 9/22/2016 09:43:17 PM
Event ID: 259
Task Category: (1)
Level: Information
Description:
The description for Event ID 259 from source ciscod cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

[ciscod][all][process_ipc_message] connection [0xd5ed08] processing: priv_proc_path

Source: acvpninstall (Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client installer)
Date: 9/15/2016 10:15:33 AM
Event ID: 2
Task Category: Engineering Debug Details
Description:
Function: wWinMain
File: .\InstallHelper.cpp
Line: 397
Invoked Function: FileMoveFiles
Return Code: -33554423 (0xFE000009)
Description: GLOBAL_ERROR_UNEXPECTED

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: