cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Windows PCF file be used for OS X?

barker770
Level 1
Level 1

I have the Mac client 4.9. But my IT dept gave me the pcf file they use for PCs. The file imported fine, but when I try to connect I get this error msg:

29 22:13:51.988 04/04/2006 Sev=Info/4 IKE/0x43000017

Marking IKE SA for deletion (I_Cookie=9C251CAFFA9674EB R_Cookie=F3745448A606491F) reason = PEER_DELETE-IKE_PLATFORM_VERSION_MISMATCH

I'm running mac OS 10.4. I am also using the SecurID fob

They don't want to spend time researching mac probs, so I'm on my own. Any help is much appreciated.

Mitch

4 Replies 4

ciscocsoc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Mitch,

The short answer is "no". While most of the parameters are common between platforms, each platform has some unique parameters. Your IT department will need to generate a Mac OS file.

HTH

Kind Regards

Cathy

Is this something IT would know how to do? Is it the same procedure used to generate the PC profile just with a different option for Mac. Or is there some kind of setup they have to do before generating the file?

If I can convince IT that it is simple, they MIGHT do it.

Thanks for the info.

that's not the profile problem. I have did setup a new profile in Mac. it was still failed to connect concentrator with same error message.

Did you ever solve this problem and make a connection between the Mac client and the concentrator?

BTW, the pcf files are compatible. Even the encrypted password. According to the docs, any windows specific parameters in the pcf files are ignored by the mac client.

Mitch