cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco MERAKI and Active Directory Integration.

Good Morning Folks,

I would like any help regarding the configuration of cisco MERAKI MX100 with extended license to integration with Active Directory.

Below i describe the steps i performed as follows:

Setting up a user with administrator permission in active directory and configured in the MERAKI this user to connect to my active directory to perform the authentication, after that i mapped three groups in the active directory  with three polices in MERAKI, as you can see in the image (MERAKI-01_AD_Police_Mapping.jpg)

This is the polices that i created in the meraki, as you can see in the image (MERAKI-02_Group_Polices.jpg)

According to the documentation of MERAKI these would be the only necessary steps for the users to be checked by MERAKI and starting to use the internet with the rules that i created in the MERAKI, but my problem is that this polices is not working and always showing as "NORMAL" in the log as you can see in the image (MERAKI-03_Client_Log.jpg)

Could someone help me and explain why the MERAKI is not applying the policies that I created?

In the image (MERAKI-04_Network.jpg) i put a very simple network diagram explaining where the MERAKI is located on my network

Again, thanks for any help and time expend reading my post.

1 Reply 1

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How are you having Meraki authenticate the users?  Splash page?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: