cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Concentrator - Backup for user authentication

reinke
Level 1
Level 1

Users in group <VPN_RAS> should be authenticated via RADIUS. Therefore, I have set the ipsec authentication to RADIUS. Everything is working fine, but when RADIUS Server is not reachable, users cannot connect via the concentrator.

In this situation, the concentrator should switch over to the internal server process. Is this possible?

Thanks

Edgar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Once you set up a group to use Radius authentication, then it will only use Radius authentication, it won't fail over to theInternal database in the event of a failure.

What you can do is configure a second Radius server in the concentrator, and if it gets no response from the first one it will failover and try the second. As I said though, it won't failover to a different authentication mechanism.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

gfullage
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Once you set up a group to use Radius authentication, then it will only use Radius authentication, it won't fail over to theInternal database in the event of a failure.

What you can do is configure a second Radius server in the concentrator, and if it gets no response from the first one it will failover and try the second. As I said though, it won't failover to a different authentication mechanism.