cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 4.02 and XP Firewall & Zone Alarm

cctrue
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CSA 4.02 and several of our users want or already have XP Firewall/Zone Alarm firewall installed and running on their machiens.

I have noticed some log messages related to Zone Alarm and also noticed some unusually things when XP Firewall is enabled.

What is best practice when users already have firewalls installed on their computers ?

Remove the other firewalls and then install CSA ?

or should CSA run just fine with the other Firewalls installed ?

I tried finding install docs regarding CSA and firewalls but could not find anything.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

nkhawaja
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSA should just run fine along with other firewalls as far as I know. I have WinXP SP2 firewall with CSA and they works fine. But it seems to me that WindowsXP FW takes precedence. But they both are running fine on my PC.

Thanks

Nadeem

What about on Windows 2000 machines ?

I am getting this error message:

The process 'C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe' (as user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM) tried to open/write the file 'C:\WINNT\System32\ZoneLabs\zlparser.dll' and the user was queried. The user responded by choosing 'No (not logged in)'. Details Rule 69 Wizard

Along with others related to ZoneLabs.

The user,which is our CIO, has also reported problems with blue screens and lock ups. We have removed CSA from his machine.