cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA MC Rules Generation Issue

ttorgerson
Level 1
Level 1

We have implemented CSA 4.5 and are currently developing our rules sets. The issue is as follows:

When we are generating our rules, every so often, our CSA MC locks up and we are forced to reboot the server in order to access the CSA MC again. This usually occurs when we are connecting through the web interface.

Has anyone experienced this problem, and/or does anyone have any ideas on how we can correct this problem?

Any assistance or information on this problem is most appreciated.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Maybe Java related? Can you go to another machine or the server and open the MC? Are there events related to the rule generation error?

You might check the Windows event log and see if any of the MC components stop (like the web server).

We occasionally had problems when using the event management wizard to generate rules, it would try to create the rule before the app class had been created and woould error out. It always left an event in the log though.

donlon
Level 1
Level 1

I don't know if this is any consolation, however I have a client with CSA 4.03 and the exact same problem. Sometimes while generating rules, the MC locks up and only a reboot of the Server will bring it back. This happens while accessing the MC on a browser from a remote PC. Looking through the Servers Windows Event Logs I've seen nothing to suggest any problem. Memory and CPU don't appear to be a factor either. We have 80+ rules and perhaps 15 Agents Kits on the Server.

It's distressing to see the same problem in 4.5 too.

pkapoor
Level 3
Level 3

You may want to check the events for CSA on the CSA MC server itself to see if IT is killing any service/process or not.