Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Forum Posts

We have a 2811 router.Does anyone have an example of firewall settings to allow inbound active FTP requests?Assume FastEthernet 0/0 is inside and FastEthernet 0/1 is outside.I suppose we have to use inspection rules in addition to opening port 21 on ...

ruben by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

In an environment that has CSA deployed for client workstations and McAfee EPO and McAfee Foundstone VA scanner deployed in the network for managing network security,what would be the apt choice for HIPS server agents? CSA or McAfee Entercept? 1)What...

Hi,I have done a static from dmz to outside on my firewall and I have created an access-list on the interface outside where I permit only incoming traffic to the host through the port 443.I have done a portscan and it seems that ports 25 and 110 TCP ...

Hello,I have following problem. I tried to establish VPN between Nokia IP40 and Cisco 3030. In the docs for IP40 is stated that VPN to Cisco pix is supported but no details. So i build site to site VPN, it actually run well except the link is disconn...

d.jursik by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

im not able to access my exchange server.im new to FWSM an suspect the issue there.i give sh int on FWSM an get the following msg for all the vlans in my domainInterface vlan20 "", is administratively down, line protocol is up Available for al...

Hello, I have a PIX 515E running 6.3(4)with remote access VPN setup. Everything with the VPN works fine, but I am having an issue with split tunneling. I need to be able to allow access to the local LAN without giving access to the internet while con...

Hi I have just got hold of a 3745 router with advanced IP on it and want to replace my Novell BorderManager server with this.I just want it as a fiewall and need to know if it can do stateful filtering to cut down the number of rules I will need to p...

coladmin by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Has anyone deployed 802.1x in a wired Win XP/Cisco enviroment? I'm mostly interested in any bugs/issues, and if the XP 802.1x client will transparently pass-through the AD credentials each login. Also, how should one handle DHCP and Active Directory ...

bwindle by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Could fragmented packets be used to defeat checks like DHCP Snooping? If a frame doesn't contain the full packet, how would the switch deal with it? A later fragmented frame might be the one that contains a phoney CHADDR (hardware address) field in t...

aalton by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes