Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA without DNS-Suffix

hbroich
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I hav here a Problem with my installed CSA-Environment.

I have the CSA 4.5 installed and generate an Agent-Kit for Windows Clients. When I download and install the Agent-Kit on an Windows Client, I have the Problem, that the Windows Client cannot find the MC, because the Client is searching the MC over the Hostname and not over the hotsname with DNS-Suffix.

Where can I configure this Option on the CSA-MC, that the Agent-Kit include the DNS-Suffix for finding the MC?

Note:

The DNS-Suffix is setting after the Install of the CiscoWorks/CSA in the Network-Environment of the Management-Server, but nothing happens also after a reboot :-(

Best Regards

Hartmut

2 Replies 2

tsteger1
Level 8
Level 8

Either add the MC name to your hosts file on the client, or add the MC as an alias in DNS or add the FQDN entry to your DNS.

You may run in to a few problems because the original MC certificate references the MC name without the DNS suffix. I had trouble using the report viewer and installing the certificate for the Web console but nothing that can't be worked around.

Tom S

Thanks for your answer.

I have solved the Problem with recreate the Certificate from the MC.

So the FQDN will be include in the new MC-Certificate and any CSAgent will connect fine to the MC.

Regards

Hartmut