Views
Helpful
Replies

CSACSE-1113-K9 initial setup forever

JMiraD1966
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm setting up a new CSACSE-1113-k9 (acs appliance 4.2).

1st step is to do the initial configuration over a serial connection (rs-232 port on the appliance chassis).

I've done this already, but each time I try to connect to the serial port, the initial setup runs allover again.

Admin account, ip address, mask, etc, all of this is there, but it keeps cycling thru the same script sequence, and I need to gain access to the CLI to issue some commands.

Any hints/tips appreciated, please.

Thanks in advance

JD

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

nkarthikeyan
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

This is because you keep on giving Yes for the test that run on initial configuration. When it asks for test network connectivity you have enter N to that. Hope this clarifies your query.

This step is essentially executing a ping command to ensure the connectivity of the ACS SE.

g. At the prompt, Enter hostname or IP address:, type the IP address or hostname of a device connected to the ACS SE, and then press Enter.

Result: If successful, the system displays the ping statistics. The system displays the prompt: Test network connectivity [Yes]:.

h. If network connectivity is validated in the previous two steps, at the prompt, Test network connectivity [Yes]:, type n or N, and then press Enter.

Tip The system continues to provide you with the opportunity to test network connectivity until you answer no. This means that you can correct network connections or retype the IP address.

Regards

Karthik

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

nkarthikeyan
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

This is because you keep on giving Yes for the test that run on initial configuration. When it asks for test network connectivity you have enter N to that. Hope this clarifies your query.

This step is essentially executing a ping command to ensure the connectivity of the ACS SE.

g. At the prompt, Enter hostname or IP address:, type the IP address or hostname of a device connected to the ACS SE, and then press Enter.

Result: If successful, the system displays the ping statistics. The system displays the prompt: Test network connectivity [Yes]:.

h. If network connectivity is validated in the previous two steps, at the prompt, Test network connectivity [Yes]:, type n or N, and then press Enter.

Tip The system continues to provide you with the opportunity to test network connectivity until you answer no. This means that you can correct network connections or retype the IP address.

Regards

Karthik

Thank you nkarthikeyan,

Your info is much appreciated.

In the end the appliance was recovered through a power off/on cycle.

Regards

JD