cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPM & SENSOR UPDATE

weaton
Level 1
Level 1

I am a newbe. I just received 5 sensors and VMS2.0.The sensors were at version 3.0(1)S4. I downloaded IDSk9-sp-3.0-3S12 Service Pack and applied it to one of the sensors.By the way CSPM and all sensors worked at the original versions. I installed CSPM S13 on the IDS manager CSPM. I then downloaded IDSk-sig-3.0-s14 for the sensor and CSPM S14 for the CSPM. Now when I try to look at the Event viewer, it get an error that says" Your local IDS services do not appear to be running". I checked the services and"Cisco Controlled Host Component"and "Cisco Secure PostOffice" is running. Is my problem maybe a different service?

3 Replies 3

jawelsh
Level 1
Level 1

Typically (but not always) a reboot of the CSPM server will correct this error. If it doesnt fix the problem, you should probably open a TAC case.

wdicks
Level 1
Level 1

We were having the same problem with our CSPM box here. After rebuilding from scratch, updating the CSPM to S17 and importing the policy, we are getting the same errors - The Cisco PostOffice on the CSPM is not communicating properly, despite the service running under NT. To verify this, use the snoop command on the Sensor (i.e. on our 4210 I ran "snoop -d iprb1 172.16.1.33 172.16.0.5 udp). I only saw udp 45000 from sensor to the CSPM, not anything back.

Haven't opened a TAC case yet, but will post here when we find a resolution.

Reinstalled CSPM from scratch, upgraded to 2.3.3, updated the signatures, imported the old topology and everything is fine. All of the exact same steps I did last time, but this time it's fine. I hate that...at least it works.

You should do the same, it will probably come up just fine.

Bill