Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Cisco 4451 Supports CSM?

ljevakovic92
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I'd be really grateful if someone could give me more info on this.

I was wondering if CSM supports Cisco 4400 series. (4451 in particular)

And if it does, which version of the CSM is the most recommended?

I am asking this because in one PDF document I've read that 4451-x does not support CSM.

However, on the website I saw it listed in "Device Models Tested for Generic Support" regardin CSM.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Csm 4.12 supports 4400 series only as a generic device, more of the ios support. This means that you may be able to manage the device but  4400 specific features may not be configured or managed  through csm. csm supports other ios devices, allowing it manage the 4400 series also. More info should be on the release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/security_management/cisco_security_manager/security_manager/412/compatibility/information/csmsd412.html#pgfId-49511

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Csm 4.12 supports 4400 series only as a generic device, more of the ios support. This means that you may be able to manage the device but  4400 specific features may not be configured or managed  through csm. csm supports other ios devices, allowing it manage the 4400 series also. More info should be on the release notes:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/security_management/cisco_security_manager/security_manager/412/compatibility/information/csmsd412.html#pgfId-49511

Thank you very much for your reply.

Could you please tell me if you'd know by any chance if I could be able to use VPN Monitor tool from CSM with Cisco 4451. If not could you please tell me what tool could I use to monitor VPN traffic and performance? But I need more features not just tunnel check. Possibly with remote assistance.

Regards,