cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hi all. I want to get a monthly report of incoming emails and when I do it, it only gives me four days in the csv export file, is there a way to get the full report?

OlivierAvilez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

I want to get a monthly report of incoming emails and when I do it, it only gives me four days in the csv export file, is there a way to get the full report?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Olivier,

On the SMA Message Tracking you should see something like in the following snips. Click the Advanced Link, change the MAX results to 1000 and use the Export ALL function. If you still can't get more than 4 days results I'd suggest logging a TAC case. You may not have enough storage capacity on the SMA for the reporting/tracking data.

Cheers,

Shane.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what version AsyncOS you running, here is example  to generate reports. :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/esa/esa11-1/user_guide/b_ESA_Admin_Guide_11_1/b_ESA_Admin_Guide_11_1_chapter_011101.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

OlivierAvilez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Balaji Bandi.

I use the Version: 11.5.0-110
when in the SMA in the traking part I make the report, it only gives me 250 results per web and the export in CSV format only gives me the last 4 days.

shane.dollery
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There Olivier,

There's at least two ways to do this.

Firstly you can use the Reporting function on the SMA. Use the 'Reporting' tab then Incoming Mail and select the time period and any other things you want to filter for; like for a particular appliance, group or cluster. You can even use the report scheduler to generate the report and email it to yourself (or the boss) periodically (monthly). Here's a guide on SMA reporting:

Cisco SMA Report Guide

Secondly if you want the data in a csv, generate the report like you are on the SMA and use the 'Export ALL' link to export all of the data in the time period into the csv. That should export all of the current data, be careful though. With a large environment this could potentially be millions of lines of data and cause issues with excel.

I generally use the SMA reports for general stats, but if I need to drill down on particular senders/domains or other specifics, then I generate the data, export to CSV and then use excel to filter further if required.

Hope that helps.

Shane.

Hi Shane, thanks for the information.

I tell you, I am trying to get a detailed report of the emails received for a period of one month and for this I am using SMA traking, but it only throws 250 results over the web, and when I export it in csv format it only throws me The result of four days.

Hi Olivier,

On the SMA Message Tracking you should see something like in the following snips. Click the Advanced Link, change the MAX results to 1000 and use the Export ALL function. If you still can't get more than 4 days results I'd suggest logging a TAC case. You may not have enough storage capacity on the SMA for the reporting/tracking data.

Cheers,

Shane.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: