cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to NAT internal network

boschrexroth
Level 1
Level 1

We have an issue where our office has two subnets that we use. A main subnet and a enginnering subnet.

We have a VPN tunnel created between ourselves and head office and any traffic on our main subnet is allowed through not natted but not our enginnering network.

access-list 80 permit ip 10.17.128.0 255.255.255.0 10.18.0.0 255.255.0.0

nat (inside) 0 access-list 80

Is there a way to have any traffic from our enginnering network natted to an address from our main network so that it will flow through the tunnel?

The main network is 10.17.128.X and our engineering network is 192.168.29.X.

We do not want to create another set of access lists for the enginnering network so we hope we can just translate the addesses.

Thanks,

Stryder

5 Replies 5

ehirsel
Level 6
Level 6

How many pix interfaces are in use? Assuming that there are three, one for the vpn connection to the main office, one for the main subnet in your office, and one for the enginerring subnet, this ought to work:

nat (intf_eng) ii 192.168.29.0 255.255.255.0

global (intf_vpn) ii 10.17.128.yyy where yyy is the last octet that is not in use on the inside interface.

If you only have two interfaces, then this should still work, repace intf_eng with inside on the nat statement.

Actually, I do have three interface but one is for inside, one for dmz, and one for the internet/vpn connection.

We have a router in another building that takes care of the engineering subnet.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Stryder

Will the enginerring subnet traffic pass thru the pix's inside interface? From your description it appears to be the case. Just use the nat (inside) ii 192.168.29.0 255.255.255.0 example along with the global (intf_vpn) ii statment that I gave in my 1st posting.

This didn't seem to work. Does anyone else have any ideas?

As I mentioned the engineer subnet uses the same interface on the pix as the main network. Our head office only allows traffic from the 10.17.128.0 network so we have to nat any packet from the 192.168.29.0 network to a 10.17.128.x number.

Thanks.

Can anyone help me or point me to some relative information.

Thanks,

Scott