cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ids network sensor 3.1(3)S34 error!

net-wolf
Level 1
Level 1

Everything runs well before I updated 4230 to 3.1(3)S34,CSPM 2.3.3i with "CSPM-2.3.3i-S33-exe.zip" patch,the sensor can block flow using 3640 router.

After I update the sensor to 3.1(3)S34, CSPM2.3.3i to CSPM-2.3.3i-S34-exe.zip,

Then when I approve policy to sensor, cspm report an error message says "parameter not set " etc..after that the sensor can't block flow.

I delete the sensor from cspm 2.3.3i topology,when I add it again, cspm 2.3.3i said the sensor have 4 signatures differ from S34,and the same error appeard when I approve policy to sensor.

So I uninstall cspm2.3.3i,more strange question happend, When I add sensor ,cspm 2.3.3i said can't communicate with sensor ?

I run sysconfig-sensor to make sure sensor is at host id 6 org id 1 ,cspm at host id 7 org id 1,everything is the same.

What 's wrong with it ????

4 Replies 4

s.jankowski
Level 4
Level 4

Did you search the bug toolkit for any known bugs with this software version??

What is bug toolkit and where is it?

I read the REAMDE file with S34,nothing special mentioned.

ttorgerson
Level 1
Level 1

Enter CSPM world... This is the exact same problems that I have with CSPM and Ciscos sensors... Communication problems occur all of the time! I will be willing to bet that your problem lies with CSPM and not the sensor...! You can confirm that the auths, destinations, routes, hosts files all look fine and I am sure that you will see that they do. There seems to be a fine line between updating CSPM and updating a sensor. If either one does not match perfectly, WHAM!.. it does not work. I dream of the day when Cisco will finally release an acceptable product that we can all use to maintain our security related devices. Sorry that I cannot provide any help, but I have given up on CSPM and now resort to manual configurations of my sensors!

Not applicable

Thanks for your reply ,

I update to s35,and all is ok now