Other Security Subjects

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Cisco CyberSecurity

Forum Posts

I have a PIX 501 firewall. Is there a way to test wheter its intrusion detection feature really works? How can I get notified that theres a real-time intrusion happening? Any tools to simulate this task at least to prove to clients that this thing is...

ajarina by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it possible to implement port security with the following components:Windows XP (eap-md5) --- Catalyst 4006(7.2.1) --- ACS(3.1) --- Extrernal DB Windows AD or Windows SAMThank you.

I have comunication between the 4230 and the CSPM. The generate logs box is checked on the logging tab of the sensor properties page. The signatures are enabled with the action "ip log". The sensor is seeing the traffic because I snooped the inter...

eckertb by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is it possible that the Pix can be a DNS Server for the Internet? That my clients can ask the Pix for an DNS Adress and the Pix ask such a ISP in the WEB? Is that possible?thanks, sebastian

sk4711 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,I am trying to install CSPM_v231i_IDS.zip on a Win NT 4.0 with sp6a and ie5.5 and can't get around all the errors such as:(To install either the Cisco Secure Policy Manager demo or the fully functional product, you must first install the HTML Help...

uwkl by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have two WIN2000 ACS (Release 3.0(1) Build 40) servers, let say serverA and serverB.I have installed the User Changable Password utility on serverA and set up replication from serverA to serverB for "User and group database" If the server administr...

Has anyone had those annoying popup advertisements come up on inside servers? I believe they are run through MS Messager Service. I would love to block these on my PIX. I cannot figure out which port(s) this service is using. Any help would be gr...

I have configured the 1710 as firewall. Have a Cable to Internet and POP3 Incoming E-mail and SMTP outgoing. When I open up my Outlook and click on Send/Receive gives the Server could not be found. Would like to know the config to allow 110 (POP3)...