cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IDS running 4.x...

mowtnman
Level 1
Level 1

My understanding is that the OS running on 4.x versions is Linux. Does anyone know what flavor of linux is running?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nope, we are not running the redhat distribution per se but I do believe that RH 7.3 was built off of the 2.4.18 kernel which could be what the other person was thinking. If you were to crack the cover on a 4.X sensor, you probably would notice that a few things from an RH distribution was missing. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

scoclayton
Level 7
Level 7

IDS 4.X code is not running any particular flavor of Linux. It is a strip downed, hardened version built off of kernel 2.4.18. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your input first off...

I was just told that it was a version of Redhat 7.3 with heavy modification- so which is right?

It looks like it was based off Redhat.

There is a redhat-release file in /etc/

$ cat /etc/redhat-release

CIDS v4.0(1)S37 (Phoenix)

$

Interesting, I stand corrected. Looks like my info was bad on this one. Sorry about that.

Scott

Nope, we are not running the redhat distribution per se but I do believe that RH 7.3 was built off of the 2.4.18 kernel which could be what the other person was thinking. If you were to crack the cover on a 4.X sensor, you probably would notice that a few things from an RH distribution was missing. Hope this helps.