Views
Helpful
Replies

IDS version 4 signature update problem?

gchui
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have tried to update the signature in my 4210, which is using version 4 software. After the sensor retrieved the .pkg file from the ftp server, there is no response from the sensor through the console. May I know if I am using the ftp server which is not included in the list of supported ftp server from cisco, will this make to signature update failure? If not, what is the problem? Thanks

Gary

4 Replies 4

jamesand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If your ftp server is incompatible then you would have recieved an "download file does not exist" error. Did you see this type of error message? If not, did you see a message stating the sensor was being rebooted? If so, this means that the upgrade file was successfully downloaded.

What is the state of the sensor now? If you can run cli, please send me the results from a "show tech" command.

If you like, you can email me your response: jamesand@cisco.com

Thanks,

Jim Anderson

Dear Jim,

Thanks for your reply. By the way, I can update the sensor using the file "IDS-sig-4.0-1-S42.rpm.pkg", but not the file "IDS-K9-sp-4.0-2-S42.rpm.pkg".

Gary

Gary, i had the same problem however when i used a http:// link it worked. I am not sure why it failed using a ftp link because i upgraded IDS-sig-4.0-1-S42.rpm.pkg using the same ftp server.

Also when i upgraded to IDS-K9-sp-4.0-2-S42.rpm.pkg, it did not let me log into my IDS 4230FE. I had to reboot my sensor and then i could log back in.

Good luck

Can you please give me some more detail when the update with file, "IDS-K9-sp-4.0-2-S42.rpm.pkg", fails?