cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

InterScan for CSC SSM Notification

ocardielg
Level 1
Level 1

I have received this message from my ASA5500 with SSM module:Compact Flash storage is nearly out of space

After that I have received other one with the message: Scan services have recovered from a previous failure. The SSM system is now back to normal.

I think the SSM module hasa Flash with a 1GB, someone knows it is normal or something is wrong??

6 Replies 6

dunn
Level 1
Level 1

I have also seen the same message twice in the past few days. Everything is operational on our ASA. I also received the service recovery message after receiving the flash warning message. We have not had any problems with our ASA and we have not noticed any interruption in scanning.

I think that the logs are taking up all the space in the flash, but How could I purge these logs??

We opened a TAC case for this. And we received the following response...The error your getting is a known cosmetic error. It will not affect anything. There is currently no work around at the moment. This is normal, there is a built in mechanism that automatically cleans up the flash."

Thank you very much for your help... I think that the logs are taking all the space in the flash but I am not able to see how I could to purge it.

I think that the CSC updates take up the space. The TAC said that the flash runs a cleanup process on its own when necessary.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Merry Christmas and happy new year