cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MC Security Monitor Colums

paul.knoll
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a possibility to change the order of the colums in the Event Viewer in a persistent way. I found only to drag the colums, but on the next lanch there is still the default order. In CSPM there was the possibilty to change the order in an persitant way.

Thanks a lot

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ravarada
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paul,

There is no way to preserve the positions of Event Viewer Columns.

Once you close the Applet and open it again, the changes will lost.

Regards

Ramesh V

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

ravarada
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paul,

There is no way to preserve the positions of Event Viewer Columns.

Once you close the Applet and open it again, the changes will lost.

Regards

Ramesh V

Hi Ramesh

Thanks!

Paul

darrenb15
Level 1
Level 1

I submited an enhancement request to provide that functionality. If they'll do it or not may depend on how many of us ask them for it. I also asked for greater query options on the event viewer start up. So instead of just date, we could see specific hosts as source/destination, or all hosts using a specific port, etc.

The existing report generator doesn't provide the flexabiltiy (or frankly the reliability) to quickly do any type of forensics.

So, moral of the story, don't hesitate to ask for what you'd like to see.

D.

Hi. I'm one of the Security Monitor developers.

This enhancement request has very high priority. Although I cannot make any promises, we hope to implement this feature for a future release. 1.1 SecMon has already reached "code-cutoff", so it won't be in that one. 1.2 SecMon is a possibility, although the requirements for this release are still changing at this time. The Psionic and Okena acquisitions have made things a bit tougher, as we are working hard to integrate their systems into SecMon.

Anyway, this has high priority... Stay tuned.

One other thing that bothers me is the fact that i am unable to cut and paste from the java event monitor screen in managment centre for cw 2000 ver 1.0 .

i realise that the subject is a step side ways from the orginal topic of this post. it is however to do with the event monitor.

the request is that you are able to cut and paste ip addresses etc from the applet.

regards

darin

While you're at it (allowing column order to be changed in SecMon) how about allowing the entire SecMon Event Grid to be resized? For those of us with larger monitors operating at higher screen resolutions, it is extremely annoying that the event grid only occupies half the width of our screens, and we have to scroll back and forth endlessly to see all the data related to an individual event.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks,

Jeremy Reid