cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Netforensics or CiscoWorks SIM

mhellman
Level 7
Level 7

Anyone out there using this product in either form (CiscoWorks SIM is re-branded netforensics)? I would like to speak with you about the product....compare notes, etc. I can be reached at 515-248-0460.

5 Replies 5

brecore
Level 1
Level 1

The two products are basically the same thing. The two main difference that I have seen is that the Cisco SIM is can be an appliance, which could be nice. The other diference is in the licensing. I believe you can get smaller quantities through netforensics if you only wanted say...five or ten additional licenses.

Thanks for your response. I've looked at the guides provided by Cisco and indeed they look to be the same, with some packaging (the new Correlation engine included in the Cisco version for example) and licensing differences. I'm actually looking to talk to someone who owns and uses the product on a daily basis.

Matt

I forwarded you question and response to someone I know who uses it. Hopefully he will be in contact with you. I have used the netforensics version extensively and have only seen the Cisco one a couple of different times. If it matters netforensics also has a correlation engine now. I just installed it two months ago.

Actually, I'm using the netforensics version as well (3.1), and that is what I have questions about. I don't suppose I could give you a call or send you some questions via email?

cvasquez123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm using the Cisco SIMS (netforensics) appliance. I have been using it for about 2 months and still learning the product. what is exactly you would like to know?