Views
Helpful
Replies
e.l
Beginner
Beginner

Netmeeting connection problem

Dear VPN3000 Expert,

I am having problem with Netmeeting connetion from a VPN Client that is terminated an IPSec tunnel to a VPN3000 Concentrator. This VPN Client`s Netmeeting peer is a PC behind the Concentrator. I already read the FAQ about VPN3000, it says that a Netmeeting will not work with a VPN client, but it doesn`t have any detail reason why Netmeeting won`t work with an encryption tunnel. The explanation is very bad that I really doesn`t understand the meaning. If anyone can make a better explanation why Netmeeting will not work with an IPSec tunnel would be very appreciated.

And does anyone know if Netmeeting will be supported from a VPN client ?

Best Regards,

Engel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jfrahim
Contributor

Engel,

Netmeeting, I believe uses H323, which the VPN client does not support. The h323 support will be there in version 4.0 of the client

Jazib

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jfrahim
Contributor

Engel,

Netmeeting, I believe uses H323, which the VPN client does not support. The h323 support will be there in version 4.0 of the client

Jazib

View solution in original post

Hi Jazib,

Thanks, I will tell the end-client to wait until version 4.0. Do you have any information on estimate date of VPN client v4.0 release ?

Best Regards,

Engel

Hi Engel,

Sometime in April - May 2003 time frame. It's a tentative date, so don't quote me on that :~)

Jazib

Content for Community-Ad