cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Opening a port

jjozsa
Level 1
Level 1

Ok I am kind of new to the PIX and know little about Cisco routers.

But what I want to do is open port 8044 to the incomging side.

How do I do this?

Thanks,

5 Replies 5

Patrick Iseli
Level 7
Level 7

Thank you for that post it will come in very handy when I have time to sit down and read it. However, I am kind of in a bind. I did not set up the firewall and dont really need to know the ins and outs of it.

I do not have port 8044 defined inside of the PIX 515E and would like to know how to open it so a vendor or ours can communitcate with some software we have.

I rarely have to do anything to the firewall, but this is one of those times. Is there a cliff note version of your answer I guess I am trying to say.

Thanks,

jogillis
Level 1
Level 1

the line to add (in config mode) is

access-list xxxx permit pppp yyyy zzzz eq 8044

pppp is the protocol (tcp or udp)

xxxx is the access-list name on the outside interface

yyyy is the address of outside host

zzzz is the address of the inside host (it nat(ed)address)

If your access-list simple just add this line. If there is logic in your access-list you may have to add it at another location. Sorry for the confusion but as with much in DP, "it all depends" on your situation.

it comes back and says yyyy,zzzz doesnt pair.

I'm going to make the assumption that you are going from your outside interface to your inside interface.

put in the following

static (inside, outside) oooo.oooo.oooo.oooo iiii.iiii.iiii.iiii netmask 255.255.255.255

oooo.oooo.oooo.oooo is the outside address of your firewall

iiii.iiii.iiii.iiii is the address of your server

next add the access-list command

access-list permit ppp host vvvv.vvvv.vvvv.vvvv host ssss.ssss.ssss.ssss eq nnnn

the name of your existing access list if one doesn't exist any name will do.

ppp - protocol (tcp or udp)

vvvv.vvvv.vvvv.vvvv ip address of the vendor's host

ssss.ssss.ssss.ssss ip address of your server

nnnn - port number you want to open

be sure to add this to your existing access list for your outside interface. If you don't have an access list applied to your outside interface, enter the following:

access-group in interface outside