cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Password Change Script?

iterrell
Level 1
Level 1

Very soon I'm going to have to change the admin passwords on a large number of Cisco IDS v4 sensors. Also I suspect that they'll have to be changed in CiscoWorks at the same time. (Okay, really it's VMS + IDS MC. But it says "CiscoWorks" on the login screen in big letters, so that's what I usually call it.)

I've been working on a TCL/Expect script that will do this via SSH (putty & plink for windows) for the sensors. If it works according to plan, great. But what about the passwords that CiscoWorks uses? Am I out of luck there? And has someone else already written suitable scripts? By the way, telnet is not enabled...

Any advice? Has anyone found an easy way to automate this task?

Thanks!!

-- Charles Terrell

2 Replies 2

iterrell
Level 1
Level 1

No replies yet...

Okay, so is there a text-based program that can be run from the command line on the CiscoWorks server, which changes the settings that IDS MC uses to communicate with each sensor? I could script around something like that if it exists. It's a windows server...

-- Charles Terrell

Charles,

There is a binary called "ccraccess" (ccraccess.exe on the windows version)on their Unix systems that control access to a "registry"-like set of keys and values. That store contains these passwords. The default install encryption key is blank - so it shouldn't be hard to determine them/set them to new values.

-wP!