Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX-501 PPTP Where to start

macbeth_uet
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to install a PIX-501 to my small company network. We have a new customer that requires us to use this device to connect to their network. Connecting to their network I assume will be quit simple but first I need to maintain my existing method of using Windows PPTP VPN connectivity through this PIX-501 so my company employees can still access our internal network from home or any other site they may be at. As of now we simply configure VPN in widows with our public IP and

USER Xxxxxx

PASSWORD: ******

DOMAIN: XXXXX

Existing network has DSL modem connected to Router1(Firewall & DHCP) Shared Network Area witch is connected to Router2(DHCP) Which is my company internal network. My present thinking is to replace Router1 with PIX-501. Router1 passes VPN port address to Router2. When company personal attach through VPN the receive IP from Router2.

I tried to use the VPN wizard but got confused.

Is there a Quick Start Guide for non network engineers.

I have read lots of post and attempted http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a0080094a5a.shtml#pptpwith

Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

1 Reply 1

stomasko
Level 4
Level 4

Have you been able to get the PIX working at all? Can you post your config so we can get a better look at where you are and how to help?

Thanks

Steve