cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX-525 6.2(2) vs PDM 2.0(2)

a.kiprawih
Level 7
Level 7

I need some advice on how to solve problem with PDM v.2.0(2) running on PIX-525 ) which couldn't run properly.

Using the web browser (IE5.5), I can only access the "monitoring" tab but not the other options, e.g Access Rules, Translation Rules, VPN, etc.

What could be the problem?

*PIX-525 :

Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.2(2)

Cisco PIX Device Manager Version 2.0(2)

16MB Flash/128MB RAM, VPN-DES Enabled

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

albadger
Level 1
Level 1

Do you get any errors? How does it behave - timeout; page not found???

shave
Level 1
Level 1

Are you using access lists or conduits? If you are using conduits I don't believe the PDM will let you make any changes, the PDM should have told you that when you first logged in and told you that you can only access the monitoring tab. Access list style config will allow you to use the PDM properly.

There is no ACL used to allow inside network going out (permit all); only nat 0, as inside network is running on legal (public) IP.

Everytime when I point the IE to PIX inside IP, I will get the following error :

[ERR] pdm location 202.x.x.0 202.x.x.0 inside

Invalid netmask: 202.x.x.0

* 202.X.X.0 is running on Class C subnet mask.

The only options is either to continue or cancel. I have to choose "cancel" to get the PDM GUI screen.

Thanks.

There is no ACL used to allow inside network going out (permit all); only nat 0, as inside network is running on legal (public) IP.

Everytime when I point the IE to PIX inside IP, I will get the following error :

[ERR] pdm location 202.x.x.0 202.x.x.0 inside

Invalid netmask: 202.x.x.0

* 202.X.X.0 is running on Class C subnet mask.

The only options is either to continue or cancel. I have to choose "cancel" to get the PDM GUI screen.

Thanks.

netanalyze
Level 1
Level 1

If it only comes up in monitoring mode you have unsupported commands in your config - such as alias, no nat or others.

There is no way around this via the PDM.