Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX6.3 - Get no default route dynamic on outside if

d.thelen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

System is PIX501, 6.3. The outside interface is connected to an ISP via ADSL using PPPoE and dynamic configuration of IP-address and default route. The pix is running stabil for one to three days. When the error occurs, no IP communication to the Internet is possible and the error message "No route to host" appears. When I key in "show route" on the console, no route to the outside interface is displayed. Only reload of the pix fix the problem and it get again a new default route which I can see by typing "show route".

I know, that the ISP resets sometimes the line to avoid that the customer use it as a leased line. At that point the pix will get a new IP address and default route, something must going wrong there. Do you know about that problem?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Dirk

2 Replies 2

umedryk
Level 5
Level 5

If the entry exists in the xlate table of PIX, then the PIX reach the host.

But that table gets idled out at times and if that entry is no longer found in the tables, that problem occurs. If PIX has to route, it requires both a route statement as well as a configuration for xlate whether to turn it off or to turn it on.

Hello

Thank you for response. Can you tell me what I have to configure at the PIX to fix it?

With best regards

Dirk