Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem establishing a connection

whvest
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am pretty new at this VPN and I am having a problem with connecting. We have a Pix 525E and use Cisco VPN Client version 3.6.3b to provide a VPN between a few customers and our secure FTP site. The current configuration works perfectly. We are in the process of establishing a DMZ and part of the process is to change the outside interface IP address from a 198.26.33 network to a 214.3.114 network. When I make the change, I change the firewall config to the new addresses and adjust the DNS servers to match the new address of the inside DNS servers. I have access from all firewall interfaces to the internet. I adjust the VPN client to connect to the new IP of the outside interface and attempt to dial-in. I can see the client makes the connection to the outside interface but it gets the Negociating Security and it never makes a connection. I thought the check box to traverse NAT was needed but that did not help. I anyone could point a newbie in the right direction I would appreciate it. This is the only thing holding me from implementing my DMZ.

Thanks!! Bill

1 Reply 1

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

This sample configuration demonstrates how to set up the PIX Firewall for access to a mail server located on the DMZ network.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/110/mailserver.html