Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with FWSM 4.1

jtroncosom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have de mars v.6.0.6. The problem is: The FWSM option is not available in Add Module  (Admin>System Setup>Sec& monitor device>add), only are available IOS, ASAs, PIX. The version FWSM is 4.1

Appreciate your comments,

jorge

4 Replies 4

Hi Jorge.

You must choose "Add Available Module" and select FWSM module.

Best Regards

Antonio

Antonio,

I agree witch you, but in this option (Add available module) I have nothing (empty) and the manual option (Add Module) I only have IPS and IDS molule.That´s the problem.

I followed the procedures but in the option: "Add Available Module" , Select option is empty.

Best Regards,

jorge

Hi Jorge.

I believe that you have a problem when discovering the appliance and doesn´t add correctly the module.

Best Regards

Antonio

Hello Jorge

You have to add the module using the 'host switch' (6500 Series) on which the module is installed, as mentioned in the device config guide:

"

If you are adding an FWSM, you must be on the main page of the Cisco switch to which you are adding it. On that page, click Add Module, and select one of the following options from the Device Type list:

Cisco FWSM 1.1

Cisco FWSM 2.2

Cisco FWSM 2.3

Cisco FWSM 3.1

Cisco FWSM 3.2

"

If you exact version is not listed, select the latest one listed on the MARS GUI interface.

Please see the following link for more details:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/security_management/cs-mars/6.0/device/configuration/guide/cfgFwall.html

Please rate if the input provided is helpful; Regards

Farrukh