cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Question on installed Firepower Management Center Virtual

jreynolds4
Level 1
Level 1

I am presently managing our Firepower 2130 using the on box FDM. I need to move to the FMC and bought two FMCv licenses from our Cisco vendor (CDW-G) Trying to download the software "Firepower Management Center Virtual" for my VMware environment with no luck. Is there a separate purchase for the software itself in order to download? When I contact Cisco for support I am asked for a serial number, but do to the "virtual" nature of my issue, that is a hard thing to provide. Does anyone have suggestions? My licenses do appear on my smart account.

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Typically FMC is purchased with a support contract. That support contract number should be associated with our cisco.com account to give you download entitlement. It's generally the responsibility of the partner processing the order (CDW-G in this case) to do this. If you ordered it without a support contract then you should be able to ask TAC to provide download access using the Cisco sales order (SO) number that the partner should also be able to provide for you. In the latter case it would be a one time access without entitlement to download subsequent upgrades.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: