We are to deploy a highly scalable VPN infrastructure to our present and future customer connectivity. All VPNs would be LAN to LAN and no need for client based VPN at all. I keep hearing rumours that Cisco may EOS VPN3000 platform in favor of ASA5500 series.
Does anybody know if following VPN3000 capabilities are present in ASA5500?
1. In VPN3000 you can easily apply NAT Policies per lan-to-lan VPN pre or post encryption. Helps a lot in case of overlaping ip scheme between your and customer network.
2. Apply traffic & bandwidth policies per vpn configuration instead of globally.
3. Apply filters per VPN configuration instead of global.
4. Apply Access-Hours policy per VPN configuration.
5. Extensive debugging capability.
I went through ASA documents and it just looks like PIX on steroids. GUI is also nothing but new version of PDM(now named ASDM). I thought Altiga(VPN 3000) was the best VPN concentrator in market because of its easy interface and extensive feature. I hope Cisco doesn't kill it without creating such functionalities in ASA.