cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Access

digitaltherapy
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Linux server doing DHCP. It has two net cards in it. One is assigned a valid IP and one is private. I have a Cisco 1700 series on the public side connected to a T1 with a public. I can ping the Linux ethernet card from home but cannot get a tunnel setup. I have a few workers that need access from home. Home users do not have static IPs. How do I configure the router to allow PPTP? Please be kind I am novice.

2 Replies 2

mostiguy
Level 6
Level 6

what kind of apps do they need to access?

Are you trying to do the vpn to the router or the linux box?

do a show version on the router, and let us know what IOS version you are running.

I will need remote access into the server for management. I have a user that will need to access some files in a PC. I really do not have any apps per say. The Linux server is running the VPN. The sh ver gave me.......c1700 software (c1700-03sys6I-M), version 12.1(21), release (fc1). For instance my remote sits on a comcast cable modem, I have 24.28.40.x, which I am sure is NATed. Do I do a whois on my IP and find the valid IP segment on Comcasts network and set up an ACL on that. Thanks in advance.